Why TOC sometimes includes Comments authors, other times not??

Rodney Hughes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2019

Hi

Using Confluence 5.8.16

I have two pages each with the standard Table Of Contents macro.

On one page it does not include the list of Comments, just the section headings (as expected)

The other page, even after copying the TOC macro from the first page) also shows the list of names of the authors of the Comments ... not what I expected or want :(

Any idea why?

Any idea to force only the headings without Comments

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 10, 2019

Hello Rodney,

That's very odd indeed! Thank you for reporting this to us. I haven't seen anything like that in the past. However, you're using an out-of-date version of Confluence, so it's possible this was a bug a few years ago that's since been resolved.

1. First, clear any customizations that you have, and see if the issue persists.
  2. Install a recent version of Confluence, and see if you can replicate the same issue there. Confluence 5.8 has been End-of-Life since 2 June 2017, so it's best to install a supported version here.

Something you might not be aware of, is that we had a pair of security vulnerabilities announced in spring of this year. You'll want to make sure to upgrade Confluence as soon as you can. For more details have a look below:

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events