Why Are Some Columns Showing No Data In the Page Properties Macro?

Phillip Yero January 7, 2014

We recently upgraded to the new version of Confluence. We have several pages using the page properties macro, all of which are based on the same template. For some reason, two of the columns now display no data at all. There are over 100 documents being displayed on these pages, most of which have data in the affected cells. We have not made any changes to Confluence or to the pages/template specifically.

I went into the macro and made sure that the text actually matched. It did.

One of the affected columns is in the middle of the list, the other is at the end.

What could possibly be causing this to happen?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Phillip Yero January 7, 2014

So, it turns out that the new version of Confluence treats the 'helpful text' - the grey text that doesn't actually show up unless you're in edit mode - as part of the column heading. The two columns that were displaying blank both had helpful text in the heading cell, and when I removed the text, the columns were populated again.

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2014

I have one thought that may help. Try rebuilding your index. It is in Confluence admin -> Content Indexing.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events