Where is the best source for Confluence tips and tricks?

Azwandi Mohd Aris
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2011

Tell us your favourites :)

5 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Azwandi Mohd Aris
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2011
justindowning
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 2, 2011

That page is great! I would also include real-time updates from users and admins:

#ConfluenceTips: https://twitter.com/#!/search/%23ConfluenceTips

@ConfluenceTips: https://twitter.com/#!/ConfluenceTips

2 votes
Gary Weaver
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 1, 2011

As far as Confluence plugin development goes:

• Reading through source code of open-source plugins
  • Searching Google, which finds stuff in Confluence official documentation and contributed documentation or Jira
  • When I find something out that others didn't know or that wasn't documented, I documented it in the Atlassian wiki (and sometimes would use my own tips later)
  • Using confluence-developer and confluence-user forums/lists helped periodically (and now answers.atlassian.com)
  • Support tickets, jira tickets, and emails to developer relations when things got bad or things were down
  • Making relationships with other developers that helped out on open source plugins helped, and more importantly I made some friends also that way
2 votes
Andrei [errno]
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 1, 2011
  • User Groups (AUGs)
  • blogs.atlassian.com
  • forums.atlassian.com, and now, hopefully - answers.atlassian.com
1 vote
Matt
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 2, 2011

I'd suggest following @confluence on Twitter.

Also, checkout the Wiki Ninja Guide. Heaps of tips and videos there.

1 vote
Jo-Anne MacLeod
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 1, 2011

definately the Confluence forum (http://forums.atlassian.com/forum.jspa?forumID=96)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2011

Here, as it's going to replace the forum sometime...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events