When I try to install confluence on same machine with jira server. jira connection lost

Deger Basdogan September 28, 2018

When I try to install confluence on same machine with jira server. I set jira port to 8090. I set confluence port to8090. User accounts for both applications are getting from LDAP.  Then I try to connect to jira . I got following errors

Referer URL: http://10.10.13.41:8090/startup.jsp?returnTo=%2Fdefault.jsp

ava.lang.RuntimeException: javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.RuntimeException: javax.servlet.ServletException: com.atlassian.cache.CacheException: com.atlassian.jira.exception.DataAccessException: org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericEntityException: Error creating GenericValue (SQL Exception while getting value:  (Bad value for type int : T))
java.lang.RuntimeException: javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.RuntimeException: javax.servlet.ServletException: com.atlassian.cache.CacheException: com.atlassian.jira.exception.DataAccessException: org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericEntityException: Error creating GenericValue (SQL Exception while getting value:  (Bad value for type int : T))
jaoFilter(XContentTypeOptionsNoSniffFilter.java:20) [classes/:?]
	at com.atlassian.core.filters.AbstractHttpFilter.doFilter(AbstractHttpFilter.java:32) [atlassian-core-5.0.8.jar:?]
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:192) [catalina.jar:8.5.6]
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:165) [catalina.jar:8.5.6]
	at com.atlassian.core.filters.HeaderSanitisingFilter.doFilter(HeaderSanitisingFilter.java:28) [atlassian-core-5.0.8.jar:?]

1 answer

0 votes
josh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2018

You can't have both applications listen on 8090. Only one can listen on that port at a time.

And it would be best practice to not run these on the same server nor on the same database instance except maybe in a testing environment. 

The error messages shown are probably the symptom of a problem but don't go to explain exactly what is not working. Double check your database settings, making sure you're not using the same DB, and change the port settings, Jira 8080 and Confluence 8090.

JP _AC Bielefeld Leader_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 29, 2018

Hi Josh

have you got any documentation regarding not using the same DB instance in production? We have a rather big centralize RDBMS & I don't want to set up a separate DB server for each application. The administrative overhead (backup, security,...) is only getting worse with each additional server.

I support your stand on having a dedicated server for Confluence and another one for Jira as CPU & memory requirements are quite different on larger instances.

Best 

JP

josh
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 1, 2018

If you've got a powerful enough DB env, it should be fine. Application servers, I wouldn't do.

It's personal preference of mine to isolate services so that if one DBMS goes down, it won't take down both apps at the same time.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events