What's the best way to remove employee no longer works for the company?

Pepe Juan March 22, 2024

Simply delete the user account and create the following problem.

1. The document they made goes to the "Former employee" name and the categorization of these older documents becomes a nightmare.   There are lots of documents (over the past 15 years) that need to be better organized and currently, the process is very painful.

Retaining the user account costs issues

1. The none-user license fee is a waste

2. There may be security implications such as GDPR, for the company to retain non-worker user accounts.

Please help and much appreciated.

3 answers

0 votes
Nik Surmanidze _Actonic_ March 25, 2024

Hi!

To correctly anonymize users and be compliant with the GDPR in the process requires several steps that are not available out of the box for Jira or Confluence. In most cases the process is manual and require too much time and resources.

I would recommend using Marketplace to search for relevant products that can solve the exact use case - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?query=data%20protection

In general, I would suggest using the search for the keywords for your issues. Also, as I am the product owner of the "Data Protection and Security Toolkit (DLP)", I would also suggest using the free trial of this app to see how your use case can be solved with it.

If you will have some questions, please feel free to reach out to me!

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2024

Hi @Pepe Juan 

You could deactivate the user's account - which would stop the user from counting towards your license fee.

See the difference between deactivating and deletion on this help page.

In terms of GDPR compliance - that's something you'll need to clarify for your business. But I'd check out options in relation to anonymising of data to see if these are suitable. See more information on this help page: https://confluence.atlassian.com/gdpr/jira-right-to-erasure-949245651.html

Ste

0 votes
Pepe Juan March 22, 2024

Need help

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events