What is the definition of "info" alert text?

Mickey Platko March 8, 2018

I am writing a description of when to use the standard Atlassian alert text boxes. 

We use "Warning" for those notices that are important for the user to read before performing an action. 

We use "Tip" for recommended actions or shortcuts. 

We use Note for asides to the reader outside the information given in the documentation.

But I don't understand when to use "Info" and I want to provide a definition to my team. 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Hassan Aftab
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 8, 2018

Hi Mickey

I use info mostly for things which are not directly related to the content, but it is still useful for the reader to know.

For example, the following article uses info to highlight a thing, which isn't related to the problem discussed. Though, it tells you how to avoid this issue from happenings in the first place.

Last but not least, info comes in blue color :)

Cheers, Hassan 

Mickey Platko March 12, 2018

Thanks, Hassan.  We are currently using Note as an aside to the reader, as a sort of added information.  For instance:  If your organization adds many animals of a certain type at once, for instance, a litter of puppies, use the Template feature to save time.

From what you're saying, Info might help us in this way: Be certain that all volunteers who need to perform intake of animals have the correct permissions.

It's not about how to add animals to the database, and it's not really a warning, but it has a place on the page.

Thank you, 

Mickey

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events