Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sign up Log in

Version 8 Confluence Data Center has google-json-simple-1.1.1 license but no jar file - replaced?

William Crighton _CCC_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 1, 2024

So if you do a simple find at the root of your version 7x confluence data center install (providing that top level directory contains the install base, the install home and the shared home locations - please don't comment I'm working in dev  environment) as follows:

wac@beast:/mnt/mirror/usr/atlassian/confluence/7.13.0
(19:36:09)--> find . | grep -i json | grep -i simple
./confluence/WEB-INF/lib/json-simple-1.1.1.jar
./licenses/com.googlecode.json-simple--json-simple--1.1.1.txt

You see both the googlecode json simple license and the jar file. If you do this on your version 8 data center install you only find the license.txt file for 1.1.1. Was the googlecode.json-simple jar file replaced with something else?

wac@beast:/mnt/mirror/usr/atlassian/confluence/datacenter/node1/8.0.4
(19:35:40)--> find . | grep -i json | grep -i simple
./licenses/com.googlecode.json-simple--json-simple--1.1.1.txt

I'm not asking for a friend - I'm asking for _myself_, and my add-on/app/plugin whatever customers as they want a data certified version of my server app and I can't get it to build without the json-simple jar file.

Help?

TIA

 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
William Crighton March 7, 2024

So my answer here is not very conclusive but does describe what was done to resolve this issue had by my alter ego. The dependency scope in the add-on pom.xml file was 'provided' which indicates to the maven package manager that the dependency will be provided by the application the add-on is installed in. 

well...it doesn't really indicate that to the maven manager but it does amount to much of the same so whatever.

I removed the scope and didn't see the json-simple-1.1.1.jar file suddenly start to appear in my resultant target jar file so I set the scope to 'compile' (default scope when one is not provided) and the jar file started to appear in the target jar. 

Then after a couple re-installs of the app, giving up and swearing i'd never figure it out, getting bummed out b/c of the same, despair, hopelessness, general high levels of FUD...you know, the normal developer self-immolating dance....I came back to the dev environment and decided to try it one 'last time' and then try something else and...

 

it worked! No idea, for sure, as to why it didn't work when I'd swear I'd been doing it the same all along. Sometimes insanity is a good choice.

cheers.

Suggest an answer

Log in or Sign up to answer
DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
8.0
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events