Using a user macro multiple times on a page

Reto Eggenberger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2018

Hi,

I have the folloing user macro, which uses javascript to calculate the EAN13 check digit.

<div id="result"></div>

<script type="text/javascript">
jQuery(document).ready(function () {
jQuery('#result').text('$paramEAN13'+getLastEan13Digit('$paramEAN13'));
});

function getLastEan13Digit(ean) {
if (!ean || ean.length !== 12) {return 'ERROR';};
const multiply = [1, 3];
let total = 0;
ean.split('').forEach((letter, index) => {
total += parseInt(letter, 10) * multiply[index % 2];
})
const base10Superior = Math.ceil(total / 10) * 10;
return base10Superior - total;
};
</script>

This works absolutely fine.

But if I use the same macro more than once on a page, it only renders the first one.

Thanks for any help

Reto

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Reto Eggenberger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2018

I didn't get it to work with a user macro and javascript. But we also have scriptrunner. And there it was easy:

def bodyvalue = body;
long tot = 0;

if (bodyvalue.length() == 12) {
for (int i = 0; i < 12; i++) {
tot = tot + (Long.parseLong(String.valueOf(bodyvalue.charAt(i))) * (i % 2 == 0 ? 1 : 3));
}
bodyvalue = tot % 10 == 0 ? "0" : "" +(10-(tot % 10));
} else {
bodyvalue = ' falsche Anzahl Ziffern '+bodyvalue.length();
}

body + bodyvalue;

This is my prototype and it works already fine. 

0 votes
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 17, 2018

I think the issue is the <script> construct. You are essential trying to add the same script multiple times to the page's <script> section. Not sure how that is going to work.

Can you restructure using VTL and Java objects?

Reto Eggenberger
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 19, 2018

Yes, your right. I solved it with scriptrunner (which I'm more comfortble with ...).

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 17, 2018

Hi Reto,

What version of Confluence does the macro work in? When I save it, I get an error message

Screen Shot 2018-08-17 at 11.09.24 AM.png

I am not a user macro veteran so please let me know if I am missing something in the configuration:

Screen Shot 2018-08-17 at 11.11.41 AM.png

Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 17, 2018

That is an error you get when you have no parameters defined. For this case, you need the following statement:

## @noparams

But it looks like his macro has one parameter: EAN13?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events