User macro containing a link forces a line break - how can I remove the line break?

Deleted user March 28, 2012

This is for Confluence 3.4 I've got a user macro that contains an ordinary link to a page, eg [contact me|key:Contact page]. The macro is defined as 'no body' and output format of wiki markup.

There is no line break inside the macro. It should render like this:

For more info, contact me. Furthermore, blah blah.

But instead, it renders like this, which messes up my paragraph:

For more info, contact me.

Furthermore, blah blah.

How can I get rid of the invisible line break?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user October 9, 2012

I'm closing this because I dealt with the problem using the 'nuclear option' -- just deleted it. Thank you to Matthew for the suggestion, but I'm not technical enough to implement a programmatic solution like that.

1 vote
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2012

I've found for things like this, sometimes it's best to use jQuery to strip out tags that you don't want, after the page has been rendered. Here's an example that removes the text from the livesearch input field.

<script>

AJS.toInit(function(){
    AJS.$('.plugin_livesearch_textfieldbox input').val('');
  });
</script>
I'm pretty sure you could apply this technique to remove anything in the DOM that you want. 
HTH,
matthew horn
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/confluence_users/
Deleted user May 31, 2012

Thank you, Matthew. I only just noticed your answer (my bad!). I'll try that.

I've also noticed that this problem seems to be fixed in 4.2 (according to a comment on this page: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Confluence+4.0+Editor+-+Customer+Feedback)

(Not that I'll be able to take advantage of it. Until they bring back wiki markup or integrate an editor that's less horrible than editing raw XHTML, I'm unlikely to abandon 3.x).

0 votes
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2012

Sure thing. BTW, there's a new plugin for 4.2 that will allow editing the markup directly, although I haven't tried it yet.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events