Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use an image in different page

rnvrnv January 7, 2020

Hi all,

I am new to Confluence & hope someone can help.

I can reuse an Image in a page if the Image is already in the same page. However, i cannot include an image from a different page. from documentation seems like it should work.

any idea what could be the issue here? may be some general settings in our confluence that is prohibiting this.

Confluence version: 6.13.3

regards,

rnv

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Avinash Bhagawati _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2020

Hi @rnvrnv ,

Welcome to Community.

Can you please follow steps for your requirement.

Insert a file attached to another page

You can display a file that's attached to a different page of the same Confluence site, if you know the name of the file. 

To display an image attached to a different page:

1. Go to Insert > Files and choose the Search on other pages.
  2. Enter the name of the file.
  3. Choose whether to search the current space or All Spaces and choose Search.
  4. Select the file from the search results and choose Insert.

Refer below document for more details on Display images and files.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/display-files-and-images-245827130.html

Thanks,

Avinash

rnvrnv January 8, 2020

@Avinash Bhagawati _Appfire_ 

Thank you. actually i used this earlier to search. i was searching with the file name including file type (e.g. aa.jpg). it does not find. if i simply search as 'aa' then it finds.

Victor Sluiter August 10, 2020

Is this also possible on Cloud? I cannot see any "Insert" button or tab. When I choose "Insert File or Image" I can only select files I've uploaded myself, there's no search option for other internal pages. 
In order to keep our pages consistent internally I would really like to be able to reuse pictures from other pages! Is this still possible? Please also see this question where people are also looking for this functionality: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/how-to-use-the-same-images-on-different-pages/

The solution provided on this page: https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/display-files-and-images/?_ga=2.120287304.1557999474.1597062499-1286766833.1591871892 does not do what I think it should do. It only provides a link to the image, it does not display the image. 

Like # people like this
Ellen Daleng September 24, 2020

I think the new Confluence Cloud editor is hopelessly flawed when it comes to image functionality - almost NO functionality remains from what was possible in the old editor.  We REALLY need:

• Linking from an image/icon to another page/url
  • Resizing images by pixels/percent
  • Being able to display an image attached to a different page.  Without this you have to upload icons on every single page where they are used, and any maintenance of images becomes a nightmare.  I need to be able to create an icon library!

The roadmap for the new editor says these things are gathering interest or on the short term roadmap.  But they have stayed that way for a long time now... https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/confluence-cloud-editor-roadmap/

Like # people like this
Peter Jongsma September 16, 2021

Still awaiting an actual, active suggestion ticket for the reuse of images/files on other pages, or an image library! 

Can anyone give a good update on that? 

George Charman May 9, 2022

A response for this would be very helpful. Have just signed up to trial using confluence for documentation but without the ability to link an image to multiple pages I might as well use word as it will be incredibly hard to keep everything up to date

Like Fabrizia likes this
Dmytro Kulibaba November 4, 2022

Hello!

The Excerpt and Excerpt Include macros can be used for this purpose. 

Like Fred Bunting likes this
Fred Bunting July 27, 2023

Using Excerpt and Excerpt include is a great workaround!

But I have to agree with others ... it is terrible that even years later there is still no way to share an image used on multiple pages, using the New editor!

Like # people like this
Fabrizia
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 25, 2024

I have just recently moved from the server to the could version and I wish I didn't! To be able to reuse images across pages it is a must for documentation! 

Maria Petkova February 13, 2024

It might be a stupid suggestion. However, couldn't  one  put the image they want to re-use in a separate page (all images that are a matter of reuse, under one folder) and use Include page macro to include the image in the  required pages. Whenever you update the image on the source page, it will be updated on the other pages as well. 

Yi Meng March 8, 2024

According to Atlassian document, it's impossible to reuse the image from other Confluence page in the new editor. This is an essential function but it's gone. so sad. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events