Update board appeared a entry with unrecognizable code after using office editor

CMJIRA December 27, 2018

After we used office application to edit the attachment and uploaded,the update board appeared a entry with unrecognizable code .How to resolve this problem?

Confluence Version:6.13.0

Office Version:Windows Office 2013 (Simplified Chinese )

Atlassian Companion Version:0.5.3

updateboard.jpgeditor.jpg

1 answer

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 28, 2018

Hello there!
I tried to replicate this behaviour locally but was ultimately unable too. Characters were always shown as expected.
Could you try to run the Encoding Test and send us screenshots of the results:

Troubleshooting Character Encodings

Further, could you clarify a few points:

1- Is this happening with any file that is edited?
2- Is this affecting other pages as well?
3- Is this affecting other users?
4- Has this worked at some point in the past?
5- What database are you currently using?

Looking forward to your reply!

CMJIRA December 29, 2018

Hi Diego,

The first photo of the attachment is the character encoding test results.Please check it.

Additional,about your questions,my answers are as below:

1.It only happen with office file.I do the same operation in PSD(photoshop) file,it is displayed normally in the All Update board.See the second photo of attachment.

2.The issue is only found in the All Update board in currently.It is displayed normally in the account profile "Activity" page.See the third photo of attachment.

3.Yes,it affect other users.No matter which account is used to log in to the application,just open the All Update board and you will see the entry with unrecognizable code.

4.I am not sure if it worked fine in the past.

5.Mysql Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.6.34.

Character Encoding Test Results.jpg2nd photo.jpg3th photo.jpg

Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 31, 2018

Hi there again!
This is most likely being caused by some problem with the encoding settings in your database. You may want to take a look into this article:

Encoding Problem Due to Unsupported Database Configuration

Make sure to check these SQL queries:
- SHOW VARIABLES LIKE 'character_set%';
- SHOW VARIABLES LIKE 'collation%';

Also, take a look into your connection URL to see if it is using useUnicode=true and characterEncoding=utf8 flags.

For further information on the database setup for MySQL, you can access it here:

Database Setup For MySQL

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events