Update Pages in Confluence

Hendrik Alexander Dembowsky April 2, 2024

Hello everyone,

I am currently writing a Python script to automatically keep a bunch of Confluence pages up to date with data from other tools. For this I use the Confluence API (V2). The pages all have the same structure and I only want to change individual elements in certain tables, can I do this without completely re-uploading the page. How should I proceed to update Confluence pages? The template of the page also has building blocks with macro id, can I perhaps change individual sections via this id?

Many thanks in advance for your help

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2024

@Hendrik Alexander Dembowsky I don't think that you can update only parts of a page through the API.

One technique you could eventually consider is this:

• factor out the section you want to automatically update from its original location to a new separate page that you use only as an "include"
  • in the original location, include this new page

From this point, you can update the "include", but because it is nothing else but your section, it should be easier.

Hendrik Alexander Dembowsky April 3, 2024

okay too bad, thank you very much. Is there anything else to consider when working with the API (v2) in a python script to update pages? Are there any best practices?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events