Unable to upgrade confluence from 6.15.4 to 7.0.1

Raghavendra Shirolikar October 7, 2019

I am trying to upgrade confluence from 6.15.4 to 7.0.1. In the initial stage when i installed/upgraded the latest version landed on the confluence upgraded page where it has prompted/recommended to increase the session pool to 60 (name="hibernate.c3p0.max_size">30</property>) to 60 in "confluence.cfg.xml" file,  post making the change restarted the application but it never came up nor to the same upgraded confluence page.

I have reverted back to 30 and tried but no luck on that too. I had taken a back up of the original file prior updating and replaced the original copy back just to make sure nothing has changed, but surprisingly no luck.

getting below error messages in the log file

1) Access to DialectResolutionInfo cannot be null when 'hibernate.dialect' not set

2) ERROR [Caesium-1-1] [migration.agent.queue.QueueBroker] error An error occurred when getting the next batch for consumer type: DATA_UPLOAD. Message: org.hibernate.service.spi.ServiceException: Unable to create requested service [org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.env.spi.JdbcEnvironment]

3) ERROR [Caesium-1-2] [migration.agent.queue.QueueBroker] error An error occurred when getting the next batch for consumer type: ATTACHMENT_UPLOAD. Message: org.hibernate.service.spi.ServiceException: Unable to create requested service [org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.env.spi.JdbcEnvironment]

4) ERROR [Caesium-1-3] [migration.agent.queue.QueueBroker] error An error occurred when getting the next batch for consumer type: ATTACHMENT_UPLOAD. Message: org.hibernate.service.spi.ServiceException: Unable to create requested service [org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.env.spi.JdbcEnvironment]

5) ERROR [Caesium-1-4] [migration.agent.queue.QueueBroker] error An error occurred when getting the next batch for consumer type: DATA_UPLOAD. Message: org.hibernate.service.spi.ServiceException: Unable to create requested service [org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.env.spi.JdbcEnvironment]

Could you please advise on how can i resolve the issue?

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 8, 2019

Hello there,

Happy to help! Can you let us know the exact method you used to upgrade your Confluence site? 

When you made the change to confluence.cfg.xml, did you completely stop Confluence first, make the change, and then start Confluence, or did you do it when Confluence was still running? 

I would recommend creating a new confluence.cfg.xml file per these instructions:

Make sure that Confluence is completely stopped before proceeding. Let me know if you have any trouble.

Regards,

Shannon

Raghavendra Shirolikar October 9, 2019

Hi Shannon,

Thanks for the response, i am following the process https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/upgrading-confluence-4578.html given in the document/article to upgrade the confluence instance.

Confluence was running when I made the changes and once changes were implemented restarted the service.

I will follow the next step on generating new confluence.cfg.xml file and keep you updated with my progress.

Like Shannon S likes this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 10, 2019

Thank you for confirming! We always recommend to stop Confluence fully before making any changes. Do keep me updated when you reset the config file!

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events