Unable to set page title when using Create From Template button

skorens May 25, 2019

I have used the 'Create For Template' macro with many different versions of Confluence by Atlassian over the years. The current version I am using (Confluence 1000.0.0-3b5cce86290) via the Cloud doesn't seem to work. I've created both a user and global template. I've formatted the template the way I wanted. Then, on a separate page, I have insert a 'Create from Template' macro button pointing at one of my templates. In the "Title of page to be created" field of the macro, I have set "Status-@currentDate" and then saved the macro and the page.

When I navigate to that page and click the button, a page is generated from my template, however, it does not have a title. Nothing I have tried works. Even setting a title without an @ variable doesn't work. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Steve

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 27, 2019

Hello Stephen,

Thank you for reporting this. I've looked into it, and it appears we do have an existing bug reported for this behavior:

• CONFCLOUD-64990 "Create from Template macro" ignoring title configured on the macro

Please vote on the bug by clicking This affects my team. You can watch the case in order to be updated of any progress in its resolution.

Thank you again! 

Regards,

Shannon

skorens May 27, 2019

Thanks for the update and the link, Shannon. I will up-vote.

Like Shannon S likes this
Deborah Hosking January 30, 2020

yeah this is still a problem  - very annoying

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 31, 2020

@Deborah Hosking,

Thank you for contacting us about this. The bug has since been resolved, and so you shouldn't still be encountering the issue.

I've tested this on my own instance, and I can confirm that the title I specify in the Create from Template macro is the one being used: 

CleanShot 2020-01-31 at 10.44.02.png 

Are you filling in that parameter, or is the expectation that the title of the template will be the new page's title?

Regards,

Shannon

Jeffrey.Weir March 12, 2020

I'm pretty new to Confluence, but i'm having the "template created and it's missing the page title" issue.  I would expect that the page title I enter when creating the template would carry through and be on the template every time.  That's not the case.  The Page Title becomes the Template Name when i save it and the Page Title is blank when i open the template.  Seems like this is not working as designed or i'm missing some step or steps in the template creation process.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jeffrey.Weir March 12, 2020

PS. I'm going through "Space Settings", "Content Tools" then "Create New Template"

Snag_234e4b29.png

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
March 13, 2020

Hello @Jeffrey.Weir

Thank you for reporting this to us! This particular bug was regarding the Create from Template macro and has been resolved since October 2019.

When creating a page from a new template, it doesn't fill in the page title using the template title. If you need to be able to set a page title when creating from a template, you can use the Create from Template macro for that.

I hope that's clear, but if you have any issues, please raise a new question and we'll be happy to help. Raising a new question ensures that your question will be seen by the entire Community, and not just the handful of people following an older thread, such as this one.

Let me know if you have any further trouble.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events