Unable to link knowledge base to Service Desk

Hi everyone,

I've been attempting to setup a knowledge base connection from my Confluence server to my JIRA Service Desk server.

I've successfully created application links in both directions and they show up under application links section in JIRA and Confluence. However, when I visit the Customer Portal and goto the Knowledge Base section, the application link is not detected.

Has anyone encountered this before? Any suggestions?

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

It sounds like something is wrong with your Application Links. Are you able to use other Jira macros on Confluence pages? If not, that confirms an Application Link problem. Check to make sure that OAuth is enabled on the Application Link in both directions. Application Links are very sensitive to strangeness with the URLs that they connect to. They tend to be more sensitive than web browsers. If you're doing SSL, make sure that everything is configured properly and if you're using self-signed certs, you'll need to import them in to the Java keystore for each app.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

322 views 2 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you