Unable to copy confluence page

yakin_thakkar February 20, 2019

Whenever I try to copy a confluence page, it keeps showing me round loading icon and Copy button is disabled.

I tried with latest version of Chrome and Firefox on Windows and Mac.

But, same issue on all environments.

3 answers

0 votes
Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2019

Oh, I see.

If sometimes you can copy a page this is for sure, some bug and not the configuration issue.

Vignesh Singh August 11, 2020

same here. How to resolve this issue? @Grigory Salnikov 

0 votes
Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2019

Hi @Yakinkumar Thakkar  and welcome to our Community!

Have you tried choosing the parent page as well?

Yes, earlier I had tried to specify parent page also, but the behavior was same.

However, if I try to copy any confluence page under same parent as original page, it works fine.

Problem occurs only when I try to copy in different parent page under same or different confluence space.

Like Grigory Salnikov likes this
Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 20, 2019

Ok, thank you, @yakin_thakkar 

That seems like you don't have "Add page" permission in these other spaces.

Please, check or ask admins to check it for you. In order to copy a page to a space, you must have the "Add page" permission to this space.

Hope this helps.

yakin_thakkar February 21, 2019

@Grigory Salnikov  I have "Add Page" permission in confluence space where I want to copy original page. It is under same parent page.

ex.

• My Team Confluence Space
    • Original Page
      • 20184Q Archive
      • 20191Q Archive

So, I want to copy "Original Page" in "20191Q Archive"

Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 21, 2019

I see, please, check that you have edit permission under 20191Q Archive. Try to add the page first under 20191Q Archive manually. There may be inherited restrictions.

yakin_thakkar February 26, 2019

@Grigory Salnikov  I checked and verified that I have edit permission also.

This issue is happening most of the time (95%) but sometimes (5%) I am able to copy page without problem. I think it is bug in Confluence.

0 votes

confluence-page-copy.png

This is screenshot of the problem.

Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 20, 2019

Hi @yakin_thakkar  and welcome to our Community!

Have you tried choosing the parent page as well?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events