Unable to Create Pages or Spaces. The Popup Loads Forever,

Larry Gary May 4, 2018

Confluence Support,

We just installed Confluence on it's own dedicated Ubuntu server. This is our first experience with Confluence. All installation options were default values. This was not an update or upgrade. This was our first and only installation of Confluence.

• As the Confluence admin, I set the Base URL to "Project1.OurSite.com".  That was done using standard Confluence admin options (no update to any XML or config files.)
  • We updated our domain DNS record and added "Project1.OurSite.com" to point to the public IP address of the Confluence web site.
  • The add-on to check for the Base URL was disabled because it kept popping up a message and wouldn't go away.

When we navigate to Confluence using the IP address, all is well. Everything works. We can click the button to Create a new web page.  However, when we navigate to the Confluence web site using "http://Project1.OurSite.com", the button to create a new page is unresponsive. The pop-up appears but then loads forever. It's not responding.

What steps can I take to resolve this issue?  We would like our users to use the address for http://Project1.OurSite.com and not the IP address.  If you say to shutdown Confluence, or check a log, or make an update to some database entry, then can you provide links to help us understand how to actually shut down Confluence, access a log file, or make an update to a database? Thank you.

Larry

Larry@nSightMgt.com

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 4, 2018

I created a support ticket so I could gather more information with minimal back-and-forth. You should see an email from our portal shortly. Its me, asking for logs.

When we get it figured out we can follow up on this thread.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events