Unable do download *.vm attachments from confluence.

JamesS December 20, 2012

We have Velocity templates that we attach in Confluence. If it has a name *.vw (wildcard), it uploads as type 'application/octet-stream' or 'application/x-upload-data' and when I click on it to download, I get a page with only '403 Forbidden nginx'. If I change the name to *.txt, it's fine

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
FernandoA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 31, 2012

A ticket for this issue has been raised at: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/AOD-6292

Cheers!

0 votes
JamesS December 30, 2012

This question pertains to OnDemand, and is not applicable here. I'll repost as OnDemand issue.

0 votes
twong_atlassian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 28, 2012

The situation suggests to me that you have an NGINX web server serving as a reverse proxy to confluence, and it has rules about what types of traffic it will pass through to Confluence as a security measure.

If you can bypass the proxy, I'd verify that the proxy is isn't at fault.

JamesS December 30, 2012

Sorry, this question applies to OnDemand. I'm closing this question and re-posting there.

0 votes
Daniel Borcherding
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 20, 2012

Hello James,

That is an interesting behavior you are noticing. My best guess would be that as Confluence uses veloicty templates the application server is trying to render these templates you've attached rather than just letting you download them. I would be happy to file an improvement request on your behalf. It would present an interesting technical challenge for our developers to distinquish from a templete you are trying to render versus one you are downloading.

Please let us know what we can do to help.

JamesS December 27, 2012

Please, I would appreciate an improvement request filed.

Daniel Borcherding
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 28, 2012

Hello James,

I have dig a bit deeper into things and found that this may be an artifact of your ngix application server. Confluence as it ships does not appear to display this behaior. What happens if you right click the attachment as select "Save As" instead of just clicking the file.

This then seems like an application server issues and not a Confluence issue. Filing a feature request would be a moot point.

Please keep us up to date on your findings with save as.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events