There is no Burndown Chart macro or option available in my Confluence ..

Vijay March 28, 2024

There is no Burndown Chart macro or option available in my Confluence ..

Is this intentional that Confluence is not supposed to have 'Burndown' Charts !! i dont think so .. there must be some way ..

My COnfluence version -> 

Confluence 7.19.17

I'm aware of the JIRA Burndown Sprint chart  and this is not required ... however, I have Confluence tables for which Burndown chart is expected ... 

any alternate ??!! ... to make Burndown charts in Confluence ... ??  ..

Please help ...

3 answers

3 votes
Stiltsoft support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2024

Hi @Vijay ,

If you are open to 3rd party apps, we can suggest using the Table Filter, Charts & Spreadsheets for Confluence app that is our add-on.

You can create a Burndown chart using the live Jira Issues table as a source table as well as manually created native Confluence table.

Please check this part of our documentation for an example.

Vijay March 28, 2024

Thanks .. sure i'll go through this and check ..

0 votes
Danut M _StonikByte_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2024

Hi @Vijay,

Confluence does not have a native Burndown Chart macro, but you can import the gadgets from Jira as macros in Confluence, including the Jira's Sprint Burdown gadget. This requires some administrative work in Confluence, see Registering External Gadgets.

For advanced burdown/burnup charts take a look over the gadgets offered by our Great Gadgets app. They work perfectly in both Jira & Confluence.

An example of macro displayed on a Confluence page

Read more here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/App-Central/8-gadgets-for-a-powerful-Scrum-dashboard-in-Jira/ba-p/1683063

Hope this helps.

Danut  

Vijay March 28, 2024

Sure .. i'll go through this .. Thank you 

0 votes
Rik de Valk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2024

Hi @Vijay , I think (assuming your product types) that you can follow this instruction to add Jira gadgets to Confluence: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-to-bring-jira-and-jira-agile-reports-into-confluence-779163801.html

Have a nice day! Rik 

Vijay March 28, 2024

Hi @Rik de Valk ..

Appreciate and Thank you for the quick response ..

i'm aware of the Config suggestion you advised (before posting this query here, did analysed quite few articles including the one you shared) .. 

due to my organisation rules,

i dont have permission and hence, i never get to see the 'Configure' gadgets option from settings .. i can only access 'Space tools' which is anyway of no use/irrelevant for my query ..

please let me know if any alternate or ideas through which i can get through this ..

Rik de Valk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2024

Ah, okay. You need to be Confluence administrator to configure this. So you'll have to contact whoever supports Confluence in your organisation and ask them to configure this. 

Vijay March 28, 2024

yes .. i agree .. let me check for the same.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events