There is a way to manage automatically my confluence users ?

may.benalaam November 28, 2019

Hi,

Can I manage my confluence users, to have at the end a list of the pages created with a prefered label for each user?

In fact, all macros give me an unreliable list and number, also it doesn't meet my needs exactly.

I hope that you can help me to find a solution about what i'm looking for.

Best regard

May

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Craig Castle-Mead
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2019

Hi May,

Can you explain what type of automated management you're looking for? 

CCM

0 votes
Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2019

Hi @may.benalaam 

You could create a template page that has a page properties macro in the page with you key fields such as Title, Created date and Created By (Author) in a table in the Page Properties macro. You also define the label in your template. Save the template. 

See screenshot where 1 is the label, 2 is the page properties macro and 3 is the table with your heading column, where you define your fields you want to show in the list or report or results page. 

A page properties page - old editor.png

Then on the list or report page you would add the Page Properties Report macro and add the same label used in your page. 

Page Properties Report with label.png

On this same list or report page you could include a button at the top, which you create using a macro titled Create from Template, and point it to the template created with the Page Properties macro.

That way your page creators can click the button, which opens up a blank template with the empty table , where they can fill in the Title, Created date and Created By (Author) and anything else on the page outside of the page properties macro.

When they publish the page, your list or report will automatically update with the latest information. The list or report page is completely automated.

It will also show you who is not following the process of filling in the page correctly, without you having to visit each page because those fields on the list or report will be blank.

isf08 - internal 2019 audit report.png

- Mike

may.benalaam December 3, 2019

Hi Mike,

Thank's for your answar,

Actually, the macro "QC - Property page" is for Confluence Cloud only, and i'm warking with Confluence server. So i couldn't create the table :/ 

Did you know an equivalent macro to work with?

Best Regards,

May

Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 3, 2019

Hi May,

You don't have to use QC plugin, for what I am describing, you can enter in anything in those tables and have it pulled into a list or report automatically. Have a look at this short video I made this morning to demonstrate the process. No QC used.  

How to add a page properties macro and page properties report macro to a confluence page? 

Kind regards,

Mike

Like may.benalaam likes this
may.benalaam December 3, 2019

Hi Mike,

Thank's a lot, I understood  how to do with. I'll test it.

Thank's one more time for your effots.

Best regards.

May

0 votes
may.benalaam November 29, 2019

Hi Craig Castle-Mead,

To start, I'll explain to you how we work with Confluence:
We are using confluence to create a knowledge base,
in this database we created spaces. each space including a group of users, a tree of pages, and articles (for articles, we use a specific label dedicated space).

A user can create an article (with the specific label), and also he can create a tree page (without label).

Now, what i'm looking for is :

An automatic list, including all the pages created for each user.

Also the pages displayed in this list must have that specific label, to differentiate between articles and tree pages.

For example : a user has been created 50 articles by the label "design".

But I want this result in a list with the title of the articles, the date of creation, the name of the author (user), and the label.

Is this possible ? 

I have 250 users, and we are in the process of increasing the number of users to 500.

So, i hope it's possible, since i really need  this solution, to manage my users automatically and easily.

Best regard.

May

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events