The edit page screen in Confluence is suddenly started looking deformed. What could be the reason? See screenshot.

The problem started occuring on upgraded Confluence instances. The problem is occurring in some of the spaces only. I have upgraded from 3.5.7 to 4.1.4. The screenshot shows how it looks

5 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Do you have installed the subspace plugin?

If yes, please see https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/browse/CSSP-78

Thanks this was the problem.

What browser are you using? If you are using Internet Explorer 7, you may want to read the following End of Support Announcement. See what browsers are supported with Confluence 4.x here.

Strange, did you already try to clear the cache?

I am using Firefox 10.0

Also look for badly-formed html in the "custom html" section in confluence...

We have not added any custom HTML.

+1 Remo's answer. Also, as a quick experiment (irrespective of browser), what happens if you increase the font size ("ctrl +" in Chrome and Firefox - I don't have an IE to hand to check if it's the same there)

No change in alignment. Zooms in/out with same alignment. :(

Ah, ok, worth a shot.

looks like a stylesheet problem

I agree with Robert's suggestion. This is most likely due to changes in stylesheets. Maybe you didn't add any custom CSS, but perhaps you either edited one of thte Confluence stylesheets or added a stylesheet import in the Custom HTML header.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Tuesday in Confluence

Add-on evaluation with confluence templates

Atlassian market place contains number of Apps/Addons which improves the capability of out of the box Atlassian products. It is good to follow a plugin evaluation process before install add-ons. So t...

137 views 12 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you