The URI of my page does not match it's child heirarchy.

Giles de Streel April 2, 2019

I have child pages under a page called "SERVERS" but the URI doesn't include that path. I am tying together a ColdFusion app into my Confluence 6.7.1 wiki with a simple embedded iframe, but I am not understanding why the child pages don't carry the full path of what I would expect the URI to be, they show on the same subfolder as my SERVERS page. I am guessing this is because they are defined within the DB somehow and not using that pathing on the URI, but I am wondering if I can change that? Moving the page doesn't help. I also opened a level 4 ticket on this.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Zak Laughton
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 3, 2019

Hi Giles!

We worked on this together earlier, but I wanted to post my answer here in case it helps anyone else with the same question.

The URL for a Confluence page does not reflect the entire hierarchy of where the page is located. Instead, it typically just shows the space key, followed by the page name or ID:

https://confluence.example.com/display/SPACEKEY/Page+Title

For more info, see The Differences Between Various URL Formats for a Confluence Page

Based on your description, it sounds like SERVERS is the space key, so the URI for all pages in this space should be ".../SERVERS/<page title or id>".

Thank you,

Zak Laughton | Atlassian Support

Giles de Streel April 4, 2019

Thanks Zak!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events