Taking away confluence permission even though that person is an admin.

Bhadin Bunpuckdee August 20, 2019

Hi,  I am wondering if it is possible to take away a accounts permission to confluence without taking away their rights as an admin for confluence ?

Or do I have to take away all admin "groups" in order to take away that member from confluence ?

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 20, 2019

Hi @Bhadin Bunpuckdee ,

Do you mean that you want to give Confluence's system configuration rights to a specific user/user group, but they don't have any space management or access rights?

Bhadin Bunpuckdee August 20, 2019

Hi, thanks for replying so quickly. No, what I mean is that one of our admins for confluence doesn't really use confluence more than just adding users from our company. Therefore, I am wondering if it possible to take away their confluence access without taking away their confluence-admin rights.

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 21, 2019

Hi @Bhadin Bunpuckdee ,

I think that once the user has the permissions of the Confluence administrator, he can adjust the global permissions at any time.

Bhadin Bunpuckdee August 21, 2019

Alright, thanks for the quick response!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events