Table Transformer - Maintain hyperlinks to JIRA tickets after FORMATWIKI

Andy Keaveney July 8, 2021

Hi there, 

I am using the table transformer to merge the results of two queries from JIRA. 

There is a many to one mapping between the Requirement "Key" and the "Test Case Key", "Test Case Status" etc.

When creating the table, I use FORMATWIKI to merge the results from the test cases, as I only want one row in the table per "Key". I use this JQL to do so....

SELECT T1.'Key', T1.'TER Key',T1.'TER Resolution', T1.'TER Summary', T1.'TER Status', T1.'elaborates', T1.'Description',

FORMATWIKI(SUM(T1.'TER Key' + "\n")) AS 'Test Case Key',

FORMATWIKI(SUM(T1.'TER Summary' + "\n")) AS 'Test Case Summary',

FORMATWIKI(SUM(T1.'TER Status' + "\n")) AS 'Test Case Status',

FORMATWIKI(SUM(T1.'TER Resolution' + "\n")) AS 'Pass/Fail'

Picture for JIRA community1.JPG

However, when I do this, I lose the hyperlink to the Test Case. 

Is there a way to maintain the hyperlink in 'test case key', for both of the JIRA tickets?

Any help is much appreciated.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2021

Hi @Andy Keaveney ,

Try to modify your SQL query in a following way:

SELECT
FORMATWIKI(SUM(" [" + T1.'Key' + "|http://jira.stiltsoft.by:address/browse/ " + T1.'Key' + "]\n")) AS 'Key'
FROM T1

Here T1.'Key' is a column name where you want to create clickable links (T1.'TER Key' for your example).

http://jira.stiltsoft.by:address/browse/  - is the path to your Jira tickets (the first part of the link address). The modified query will add values from the T1.'Key' column and combine the whole clickable links.

Thu 9-1.png

Andy Keaveney July 9, 2021

works like an absolute dream Katerina, thank you so much! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events