TOC macro: Error - no metadata configured

Michael Harris April 28, 2012

Confluence 4.1.9, Download, Ubuntu 11.04 w/Apache, PostgreSQL and OpenJDK. Upgraded today from 3.5.19.

Ok, this one has me puzzled. The TOC macro refuses point blank to work.

Existing pages which use it generate the following error:

Unknown macro: {toc}

When attempting to edit the page and attempting to add it in (Insert > Table of contents), the following message appears:

No Macro Metadata

There is no metadata configured for this macro which means no configuration screen can be presented here.

If this is a user macro then you can add metadata to the template using the User Macro Administration console.

Further, when attempting to look for this macro (Insert macro > Other macros > Select macro), the toc macro does not appear anywhere in the results, nor is it returned using obvious search keywords (toc, table, contents).

Any idea what has gone wrong here and how I rectify the issue?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Michael Harris April 28, 2012

For some reason, the Table of Contents Plugin was not enabled after the upgrade installation, nor was it disabled before performing the upgrade.

To check this plugin is working correctly, do the following;

1. Load the Administration dashboard (Browse > Confluence Admin)
  2. Load Manage my plugins (Configuration > Plugins > Manage my plugins)
  3. Under System plugins, click Show system plugins
  4. Search for Table of Contents Plugin, and click on the plugin name to expand the dialogue box.
  5. Ensure that the plugin is enabled (if enabled, the Disable button should be shown on the right of the box).
    1. If the button is showing Enable, press it to enable the plugin.
    2. Also check that next to Manage plugin modules, it shows that 6 of 6 modules enabled
  6. Also ensure that you are running the most current version of the plugin. You can automatically update the plugin to the latest version by pressing the Update button on the right hand side of the screen.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events