Spotting changes quickly in Page Comparison view

sridhar vaidyanathan April 25, 2023

I have Confluence pages with tables that have several rows. I would like to be able to spot changes that users make to these entries. When I get an email or do a version diff, I find myself having to scroll through a lot of unchanged text to finally get to the changes. The following link mentions that a lot of unchanged text gets collapsed into '...', but I don't see that happening in my case.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/page-history-and-page-comparison-views-139379.html

Help appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2023

You won't see an expand/collapse feature, but only the dots, meaning the unchanged content was hidden and reduced to (...) the three dots. If it has unchanged content, not even the format highlighted in blue, then it's a bug, and you can report it to Atlassian. Have a look; sometimes the content is part of a panel, macro, etc., and it will get formatted if a small configuration changes, giving you the wrong impression that nothing really changed but did indeed.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events