Spaces of a few words on a certain page keep disappearing.

Youngho_KIM
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 29, 2018

Hi

Can I tell why there is an issue where the spacing of a few words disappears during Page Edit?

For example: From paused state> Frompausedstate

I would like to share what happened before and why it happens.
Please also share a way to prevent this bug.

1 answer

0 votes
Krisztian Kovacs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 30, 2018

Hi @Youngho_KIM,

That's strange. So if I understand it correctly you type the spaces just disappear? Could it be a browser add-on trying to autocorrect things?

Felipe Ha
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 31, 2018

Hello, 

I'm the original reporter of this issue. 

Here are some more clues to the "disappearing whitespaces" problem:

* Occurs only to the texts in the table, mostly large one with more than 30 rows * 5-6 columns.

* Others who noticed this while editing say that the problem occurred when Confluence performs autosave, i.e. "draft saved at ..." shows up and the words get merged.

If Atlassian keeps a list of browser add-ons that might be related to such issue, please share it with us.

Otherwise, let us know if there's any server setting that might affect or cause such symptom.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events