Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Space Permissions and Page Restrictions not working?

Justin Corcoran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2013

I have a user that created a space, and granted full access to anyone in a particular group. He also restricted all peremissions to "anonymous" users.

I'm not in the group with full access, but I can still access the space.

He also put page restrictions on the pages within the space, again restricted to a group I'm not in, and again, I can see the pages.

Any idea why this might be? I'm a confluence admin, but non-admins are able to see these pages too.

Confluence 4.2.3

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
resah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 13, 2013

Hi Justin,

you, as a confluence-administrator, will always see all contents. You can't deny access to a confluence-administrator by setting any restrictions.

As for the other users: are you sure that they are not in the group of "ccp ambassador team" (the one which has access to the space)? Or are they by any chance creators of the pages?

As far as I know there once have been issues with space/page permissions, but these were resolved quite a while ago and should not occur in Confluence 4.x anymore.

Regards

Theresa

Justin Corcoran
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 15, 2013

The users that are seeing this content turned out to all be administrators. I didn't realize that restrictions don't apply to admins. Thanks for clearing that up!

Khuong Vu March 14, 2017

Theresa, you are right.  As a member of the confluence-administrators group, I can see restricted pages, as if I am User One, the system admin account created during the installation.  Thank you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events