Space Auditing

Kevin Bolam March 19, 2018

I found this article, but for the life of me I can't actually see this audit log anywhere. I am an admin

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/audit-log-802164269.html

Can I monitor when others change permissions on a space I am also an admin for?

Thanks,

2 answers

0 votes
Kevin Bolam March 21, 2018

The Audit log is available from the Admin area and can be filtered by subject matter.

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 19, 2018

Hi Kevin,

The article you linked is for Confluence Cloud so I am assuming you are using the Cloud hosting option.

Please try:

https://<Your_Cloud_URL>.atlassian.net/wiki/admin/auditlogging.action

If you cannot see the audit log there, please double check that you have Confluence Administrator permissions on the instance by checking the page:

https://<Your_Cloud_URL>.atlassian.net/wiki/admin/permissions/globalpermissions.action

If you have a downloaded/self hosted version of Confluence, please let us know what version. The version number is usually at the bottom of the login page, for example:

Powered by Atlassian Confluence 6.7.2

Thanks,

Ann

Kevin Bolam March 19, 2018

My bad. I am on premise and cannot find the audit log functionality within our 5.8.17 production or 6.7.2 test environments based on the instructions within the documentation link provided.

With that being said, I do have administrative access and based on your response I found the audit log information in my 6.7.2 environment That being under Administration pages under the Administration heading. Not in 5.8.17??

The link from the documentation suggests looking under sidebar>audit log, which wasn't clear to me to mean the Administration area.

My goal is to audit permission assignments at a space level. The fact that the user group sync loads pages upon pages of audit data makes it somewhat difficult to sift through.

I can do some experimenting to determine what the best filter could be for that. Thoughts?

Thank you for the reply

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 19, 2018

Hi Kevin,

Confluence 5.10 Release Notes reveal that the audit log was added in that version, so it was not there in Confluence 5.8.17.

The Cloud UI is very different, please see the Server version of the audit doc for accurate instructions to find it in Server.

While you are still running the End of Life version of Confluence (5.8.x) an option may be to Enable User Access Logging and check for access to your space's permission URL.

I am not sure what the user group sync is, if you mean User Directory synchronization for an external User Directory (Managing Multiple Directories) that is a log of groups being added and removed but will not log permission changes in Confluence.

Thanks,

Ann

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events