Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some links to internal pages not updating in Scroll Viewport

Tim Paul December 9, 2022

I have an inconsistent problem where a Confluence page has a link to another internal Confluence page in the same space. When I use the Scroll Viewport app, some of the links do not get converted properly. They maintain the direct link to the Confluence page. 

Image 1: Links as seen in Confluence. The links go to pages within the same space.
Confluence Link example.JPG
Image 2: Links as seen in Scroll Viewport. For some reason, the first two links point back to Confluence. The third and forth link now point to the appropriate page in Scroll Viewport

Scroll View Port Link example.JPG

1 answer

0 votes
Sven Schatter _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 12, 2022

Hi @Tim Paul,

this usually happens when the Viewport app user does not have access to the content you're linking to. Even though the linked pages are in the same space, there can be page-level restrictions which may prevent Viewport from accessing them.

Could you check if those linked pages are actually published in your Viewport site? If they are not, then they probably are restricted. Note that if these pages have parent pages, the restrictions might also be configured on one of those parent pages. You can either remove the restrictions or specifically grant read access to the Scroll Viewport app user. After that, the pages should be published in your site and the links should be resolved correctly.

You can find the Confluence documentation on restrictions here if you want to know more.

Let me know if this helps! :)

Cheers,
Sven

Tim Paul December 12, 2022

Thank you. That is exactly what happened. Certain pages were moved to a restricted area. 

We will have to be more careful in the future. Thanks.

Tim

Like Sven Schatter _K15t_ likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events