Site isn't loading and I can't delete it

xedon October 23, 2017

Hi,

I have here a litte Problem with one Page

I know it should be the "|" the Problem in the Titel but how can I edit the Titel or can delete this side? (All in my Confluence is fine, only this one Page have a issue).

qj_KxwgQQc6TcmfQqOkrPA.png

Thanks for your help,

Kind regarts,

Fichtner L.

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 23, 2017

It is strange that the bar "|" in your page title is causing an issue - the URL in your screen shot deals with the bar differently from mine:

Screen Shot 2017-10-23 at 1.51.34 PM.png

Out of curiosity, what version of Confluence are you using?

More to the point, this page should be able to help with a variety of workarounds: Editing or Deleting a Page That Won't Render

xedon October 23, 2017

Thanks for your response.

I'm using Atlassian Confluence 6.4.2. Can you tell me where I can find the page ID?

Thanks,

Kind regarts,

Fichtner L.

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 23, 2017

If the page renders at all you can go to the three dots at the top right and choose nearly any of the options and the page ID will appear in the URL. However, I understand the page will not render to display the dots so you will have to query the database:

SELECT CONTENTID FROM content WHERE TITLE = '<pagename>' AND VERSION = '1';

When I ran it I used the page title as it is rendered on the page rather than as it appears in the URL, and I got the page ID back, for example:

SELECT CONTENTID FROM content WHERE TITLE = 'Welcome to Confluence' AND VERSION = '1';

It looks like you may not need the page ID as the article mentions this workaround using the page title:

Alternatively, if you don't know the page ID, you can access the page for editing using an URL like:
http://<baseurl>/pages/editpage.action?spaceKey=<spaceKey>&title=pageName

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events