Show warning for effectless Confluence page restrictions

Michael Schlueter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2015

Some of our unexperienced users are puzzled when they add an user to the page restrictions and he still cannot see the page, because he has no space viewing permission.

I wonder if it wouldn't be helpfull to show a warning in a case where the page restriction is effectless, because of the space permission setting. Is this somehow possible?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nils Bier _K15t_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2015

Hi Michael,

have you already checked this feature request: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-8799

Cheers,
Nils

Michael Schlueter
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 27, 2015

Hi Nils, thanks for pointing me to this request. I had searched for something like this, but haven't found it. However, this does not seem to be of high priority for Atlassian, since it is around for 8 years now. Regards Michael

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events