Setting permissions of a space

Allison Beaudry February 11, 2020

Hi,

I am having difficulty enabling permissions for users to view pages within a space. Within the Space Settings tab, I enabled a user view all elements of the space (pages, blog, comments, etc.). However, the user is unable to view the space unless I invite them to view each individual page. It seams that the user must be invited to view each page individually through the "share" feature. Unfortunately, our space has a multitude of individual pages and "child pages", so enabling permissions on each individual page would be a time consuming endeavor. 

Any advise?

Thank you.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 11, 2020

Check to see that you do not have additional restrictions on the pages, those restrictions override space permissions.

Allison Beaudry February 11, 2020

So, should I just remove all restrictions from the individual pages and instead place a broad restriction within the Space Permissions section? I don't want the page available publicly, but would like to be able to invite individuals and groups to view the space.

Thank you!

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 11, 2020

Yes, I would recommend that you remove the restrictions and use the space permissions to set who can access it. Then if you have a page or two that needs to be restricted further, then use the page restrictions.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events