Search on metadata

Andreas Koller August 27, 2014

Hi,

I m searching for a solution in Confluence to search in metadata. E.g. we enter a publishing date in a custom field (e.g. scaffolding plugin?) - not the Confluence create or last editing date - and need to search over a date range.

We also need to search over specific labels - search only in labels is not available in the Confluence search interface.

Please help - any ideas?

Thank you

Andreas

2 answers

0 votes
Jonathan Simonoff
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2014

You can search for labels like this:

labelText:somelabel

0 votes
Jan-Peter Rusch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2014
Just a thought: Could you try a combination of a page properties macro (for your publishing date) and a search macro restricted to specific labels of a page...
Andreas Koller August 28, 2014

Yes, this could be the right way. But how can I search in page properties? I would like to filter - e.g. search content witch have dates (entered with the page properties macro) in a specific timerange. As far as I can see there are only reports possible - but no way to search filtered by the properties.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events