Requirements Yogi Suspect Property

Mirijam Forliano _ TESVOLT AG
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 4, 2023

Hi,

we are currently testing requirements yogi for cloud. My question is, when you have linked a requirement with another, is there a way to get this link to become suspect automatically, when one of the connected requirements changes, at least when the "parent" requirement is changed? I found an external property called "suspect", but first it is associated with a requirement, not the link, and second it seems that I have to set it manually, which is prone to errors. I don't know how to ensure consistency between requirements when I can't really see that one of the requirements has changed.

I would be glad about any hints.

Thank in advance

Mirijam

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mileva Briand May 4, 2023

Hi Mirijam,

Thank you for reaching out, and FIY we received your support ticket and answered you. I'll go ahead and repeat what I explained for other users looking for this information as well 😉

We are not able to automatically set a child requirement into suspect when a parent is modified, yet. Our devs are currently working on Automations and Calculations, and your request fits right in! 

I will keep you updated when the feature is released, which should be in a matter of weeks.

Moreover, we’d actually like to have your input, and other people's as well, do you think there are other functionalities you might deem important and interesting to add?

Best regards,

Mileva

Mirijam Forliano _ TESVOLT AG
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 4, 2023

Thank you very much for your quick reply, Mileva. This is good news and I am really looking forward to get this feature, which will help avoiding errors and inconsistencies and thus make traceability so much easier to handle. 

Thank you also for the opportunity to provide some input. I am glad that I can express my wishes here. I updated the support ticket accordingly.

What would also be interesting to me includes a change history overview on single requirement level. I saw that you could create a modification matrix which shows differences between variants, and you can use the page history of whole pages, but I think a quick method to see what has been changed by whom in a single requirement, desirably accessible in the detailed requirements view, would be very helpful. 

Also I think it would be useful if I could determine whether the external properties are visible in my requirement document or not. I can let them show up in the single requirement detail view, but if they are not set to a value, they disappear. Especially the suspect flag should be available directly in the requirement document.

Apart from this, I think that RY provide a really intuitive and useful way to edit and manage requirements. I hope our further evaluation will lead us to the decision to use this for our projects.

Best regards

Mirijam

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events