Re-trigger / re-run confluence setup?

J May 29, 2013

My setup of confluence (version 5.1.3) was messed up in between the setup process (probably due to limited server capacity).

Now I'd like to run it again (after having freed some resources). I found this article:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=179443224

But it does not seem to be valid anymore for my version.

How can I re-run the setup process?

4 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Joachim Ooi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2013

Hi Jens,

Yes, the guide is still valid. Nothing has changed even in Conf 5.1.3. May I know which OS version that you are running on?

Did you look into the right path to locate your Conf HOME directory? By deleting the confluence.cfg.xml file and then a restart of Confluence server should put you back to the Setup Wizard page.

Cheers,
Joachim

J May 29, 2013

Thanks for your help. When setup was run there were two locations to setup. One for installing confluence and a second one for the data. I searched both locations without luck. I am using Windows Server 2003 Standard edition (32bit). (meanwhile I dropped the database, deinstalled confluence (it was a fresh installation anyways) and now I am trying to install it again.)

J May 29, 2013

Don't know what exactly happend but after installing it again I found the file in the application data dir. I deleted it and the setup ran again. Great. Thanks a lot for the help.

rgille January 3, 2017

On Ubuntu i found the config file in `/var/atlassian/application-data/confluence/`.

0 votes
r December 7, 2017

For newer versions you will have to remove confluence.cfg.xml  from two locations.

1. <confluence-home>\confluence.cfg.xml 
  2. <confluence-home>\shared-home\confluence.cfg.xml 
Joshua Hintze January 14, 2018

Thank you. This caused me about an hour of trying to figure out why confluence was causing a Null Exception. I hope confluence updates it's article.

Deleted user May 25, 2018

Hmm I just did a reinstall in Linux. I can confirm that just removing (<confluence-home>\confluence.cfg.xml) leads to a null-pointer.

This articel should be udpated - it is not working for 6.9.0

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-to-restart-the-setup-wizard-after-installing-confluence-179443224.html?_ga=2.135155123.328423245.1526891928-2059121354.1526891928

0 votes
Anil Samuel November 7, 2016

This method to re-start setup did not work with version 5.9.14.

0 votes
Joachim Ooi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2013

No problem, you're welcome. :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events