Re: Re: Edit Office files with the companion app not suff...

Laura Krieter October 30, 2018

I'm also having issues with the new Companion App.  I was editing an excel file

Once I click the Update button the on the browser, I see a message the file was uploaded.  The excel file stays open, but the update button in the browser goes away.

If any changes are subsequently made in the open excel doc, I see a message the changes were saved in confluence - but they are NOT saved!  This is a terrible user experience and will cause many users to lose information.  I can't roll this out to my team, as I know they will miss the step and lose their information. 

I also used to be able to re-open documents from confluence directly in excel recent file list.  This was an incredibly useful ability and allowed me to work naturally. This ability seems to be gone too.  I am really considering a move to AirTable or Google docs because the attachment capabilities in Confluence are going backwards not forwards. 

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 31, 2018

Hi Laura,

I separated your answer as a new question, since it's more a new question rather than an answer to the previous one.

The issue you're reporting is known, and it's been logged both for Confluence Server and Cloud:

• CONFSERVER-56549 Allow Edit with functionality to perform multiple saves and uploads of the document even after clicking upload in the companion app
  • CONFCLOUD-62098 Improve Atlassian Companion to allow multiple saves 

I ask that you vote on whichever issue relates to your instance (whether you're using Cloud or Server) and feel free to comment there as well with your feedback.

Thank you again for your input and I hope to see this corrected in the future.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events