Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Previous Versions of Attachments Showing in Search

Regina Jennings March 31, 2023

Hi all-

When I replace an attachment with a newer version, both versions of the attachment (old and new) are showing as available when they are searched for.  This is causing confusion with some of the other departments.  I've begun dating the attachments, but I need an easy way to find and remove all duplicate attachments and prevent all but the most current attachment from showing in the Search list going forward.

I'm sure there's some sort of setting I'm missing.

Any ideas?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 1, 2023

@Regina Jennings Are the attachments all on the same page?  Are you updating the attachment so it is versioning or are you just adding a new attachment each time?  How are you attaching the files?

Regina Jennings April 2, 2023

So each time a new version of the attachment comes out, I edit the page, delete the existing attachment, then put in the new attachment.  

The old attachments only show up in the search if the User searches by the label or title of the attachments.  So, for something that is updated a lot, there may be 5 or 6 versions, all with the same name showing up in the search.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 2, 2023

@Regina Jennings it sounds like you are removing the attachment from the page but not truly deleting it.  This document will help you delete old attachments and better manage attachments going forward https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/manage-uploaded-files/ 

Regina Jennings April 3, 2023

I agree.  I've never used the method on this page to remove and replace.  I'm going to go pull all the old ones now, and going forward I'll try to remember to do it this way!

Thank you!

Like Brant Schroeder likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events