You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
We have a confluence 6.3.1 installation.
In some pages, it seems to be mostly pages which have been newly created, the page tree is collapsed, so that:
1.) The page tree on the left only shows the top level menu
2.) The active page is not marked in bold (obviously, as it is not even visible in the page tree on the left)
The pages only contain text, 2-3 panels and one "table of contents" macro, just like a lot of other pages which don't have this problem.
Did anyone ever have a similar problem and if yes, how did you solve it? The strange thing is that this really only happens on very few pages (10-20 of ~ 700) without that there seems to be any overlap.
I completely removed any CSS and checked again, but this did not change anything.
I would appreciate any help, thanks in advance!
We had this problem too, and we are also using the Scroll Versions plugin so that may be related. However we found that the cause seemed to be certain special characters (in particular periods) in the page title/anchor link.
Saving pages with a different name seemed to avoid the issue so renaming might be a suitable workaround too.
Thank you for following up on this!
I believe at the end of this, it ended up being an add-on that caused the issue. In particular, Scroll Version + Scroll Platform plugin.
I would recommend putting your instance in Safe Mode, and see if the issue occurs in Safe Mode.
Let me know if you have any questions.
we are using several add-ons (but in a second confluence installation we are using them as well and there no issue exists), but no Custom HTML or general sidebar, header, footer etc.. Like I mentioned above, the CSS I already removed without a change.
Understood, sorry, I had missed the comment about the CSS already having been removed.
This will need us to look deeper into your instance and requires a support zip. I have created a support ticket for you.
Please go to transfer.atlassian.io and upload a copy of your support zip there, so our team can have a look.
Thank you for your help!