Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page Tree not expanded on some pages

Deleted user February 14, 2018

We have a confluence 6.3.1 installation. 

In some pages, it seems to be mostly pages which have been newly created, the page tree is collapsed, so that:

1.) The page tree on the left only shows the top level menu

2.) The active page is not marked in bold (obviously, as it is not even visible in the page tree on the left)

The pages only contain text, 2-3 panels and one "table of contents" macro, just like a lot of other pages which don't have this problem. 

Did anyone ever have a similar problem and if yes, how did you solve it? The strange thing is that this really only happens on very few pages (10-20 of ~ 700) without that there seems to be any overlap. 

I completely removed any CSS and checked again, but this did not change anything. 

I would appreciate any help, thanks in advance! 

3 answers

0 votes
Simon Coggins January 16, 2023

We had this problem too, and we are also using the Scroll Versions plugin so that may be related. However we found that the cause seemed to be certain special characters (in particular periods) in the page title/anchor link.

Saving pages with a different name seemed to avoid the issue so renaming might be a suitable workaround too.

0 votes
Ondřej Šebestík April 24, 2019

Hello, our version of Confluence is 6.12.3 and have the same problem.

Can you please let me know, if you will find the root coause of this problem?

Thx

Ondřej Šebestík

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 25, 2019

Hello Ondřej,

Thank you for following up on this!

I believe at the end of this, it ended up being an add-on that caused the issue. In particular,  Scroll Version + Scroll Platform plugin. 

I would recommend putting your instance in Safe Mode, and see if the issue occurs in Safe Mode.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Shannon

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 14, 2018

Hi Stefanie,

On the pages that don't expand, could you tell me if they have a lot of child pages? It might be too many child pages causing them not to expand.

Regards,

Shannon

Deleted user February 14, 2018

Hi Shannon, 

no, this happens also for pages without any child pages and where the parent page have only few child pages. 

Regards,

Stefanie

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
February 16, 2018

Stefanie,

Thank you for confirming that.

Could you tell me if you have any customization on any of the spaces, and if so, could you temporarily remove it and let me know if the problem persists?

Regards,

Shannon

Deleted user February 19, 2018

Hi Shannon, 

we are using several add-ons (but in a second confluence installation we are using them as well and there no issue exists), but no Custom HTML or general sidebar, header, footer etc.. Like I mentioned above, the CSS I already removed without a change. 

Regards,

Stefanie

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
February 20, 2018

Stefanie,

Understood, sorry, I had missed the comment about the CSS already having been removed.

This will need us to look deeper into your instance and requires a support zip. I have created a support ticket for you.

Please go to transfer.atlassian.io and upload a copy of your support zip there, so our team can have a look.

Thank you for your help!

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events