PDF export problem - Upload font but cause exporting error

OIT PKRV December 17, 2018

Hello!

I have a difficulty in exporting document in PDF with my font, which I've uploaded.

Here is error:

Oops - an error has occurred

logo System Error

A system error has occurred — our apologies!

For immediate troubleshooting, consult our knowledge base for a solution.

If you would like to receive support from Atlassian's support team, ask your Confluence administrator to create a support issue on Atlassian's support system with the following information:

1. a description of your problem and what you were doing at the time it occurred
  2. a copy of the error and system information found below
  3. a copy of the application logs (if possible).

Your Confluence administrator can use the support request form to create a support ticket which will include this information.

We will respond as promptly as possible.
Thank you!

Return to site homepage…

Cause

java.lang.RuntimeException: com.atlassian.confluence.importexport.ImportExportException: com.lowagie.text.DocumentException: /var/atlassian/application-data/confluence/fonts/a_HuxleyOtl Regular.Ttf cannot be embedded due to licensing restrictions.
    at com.atlassian.confluence.extra.flyingpdf.ExportPageAsPdfAction.doExecute(ExportPageAsPdfAction.java:52)

caused by: com.atlassian.confluence.importexport.ImportExportException: com.lowagie.text.DocumentException: /var/atlassian/application-data/confluence/fonts/a_HuxleyOtl Regular.Ttf cannot be embedded due to licensing restrictions.
    at com.atlassian.confluence.extra.flyingpdf.FlyingSaucerXmlToPdfConverter.useCustomFontIfConfigured(FlyingSaucerXmlToPdfConverter.java:255)

caused by: com.lowagie.text.DocumentException: /var/atlassian/application-data/confluence/fonts/a_HuxleyOtl Regular.Ttf cannot be embedded due to licensing restrictions.
    at com.lowagie.text.pdf.TrueTypeFontUnicode.<init>(Unknown Source)

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 18, 2018

Hello,

I found the answer from this forum:

This behavior is related to the third party vendor's policy (Adobe/PDF)

and license restrictions for fonts. The font itself does not allow to be embedded.

For more details, have a look on Adobe's forum:

I hope that's clear, let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events