Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Owner/Creator issues when migrating from external Confluence to internal

Kjell Ohlsson January 8, 2020

I'm fairly new to Confluence, so the question may be trivial. Sorry about that. The thing is that we have been using an external Confluence service (URL ending with "atlassian.net", perhaps that is "cloud hosting"?), but we now want to migrate over to an "internal one", meaning the URL ends with "astrazeneca.net". We have started to migrate, but discovered that all migrated information gets the user migrating it, as creator. Are there any tools that retains creator/owner during migration available? Like e.g. DocAve or SkySync do for Sharepoint?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 10, 2020

Hi Kjell,

Thank you for contacting us about this, and welcome to Atlassian Community!

Could you let me know the method you used to migrate your Cloud instance to Server? I don't think I encountered an issue like that before in a migration. Were all of your Cloud users migrated over to the Server instance? 

Last thing - but for our reference, can you let me know what had you decide to migrate from Cloud to Server? I want to share that with the Cloud product team so they can understand reasons why teams require Server over Cloud.

Thank you!

Regards,

Shannon

Kjell Ohlsson January 10, 2020

Hi and thanks for quick response!

To be honest, I'm not altogether sure that our internal instance is a server one. Have to check that. Also, I have come to understand that we have an internal Confluence expert-team that will probably be better suited to help us. Thanks anyway!

BR
Kjell

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 13, 2020

No problem at all, Kjell! If your internal Confluence team has any questions, you can also direct them here! 

Take care,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events