One Confluence for Two company

Amir January 13, 2021

Hi, Can I use one confluence (Data Center version) for 2 different company. I want this option to creating a test profile (test company) for testing new features and plugins and make changes without affecting real company datas (like a sandbox but i need another real profile; not sandbox)

Please answer me in 2 state: 1-with synced data between comany data 1 to comany data 2. and 2-without syncing data (2 complete different profiles)

tnx

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Amir January 13, 2021

Thanks for your answer. how can I use sandbox and is there any plugin that sync data betweeen to confluence? ie. publish any content from confluence 1 to confluence 2?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2021

Same answer as I gave before. 

There are some apps that can publish between confluences, but I'm a little confused because you said you didn't want the sandbox data to change the production data.

Like Amir likes this
Amir January 13, 2021

No. I said if I want to use sandbox how can I use it?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2021

You create another Confluence to use as the sandbox and log into it.

Like Amir likes this
1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 13, 2021

You will need two separate Confluence installations, with separate accounts ("test profile")

It is not clear what you want from a "data sync", as you've said you do not want the sandbox/test system activity to affect the data in production.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events