Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OKR goals and deliverables auto popuate to a newly created status template

KAREN KIRBIS October 7, 2019

I want to have the goal and deliverables information from the OKR template  page auto populate in the status and scorecard templates that I created to eliminate retyping the information

2 answers

2 votes
Margo Sakova - OKR Board for Jira by Oboard
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 29, 2024

Hi @KAREN KIRBIS 

I've found Jira Issue macros quite handy for maintaining the Confluence templates.

If your Key Result is straightforward, such as a specific feature launch, you can link related Jira issues directly to visualize the progress:

okrs-in-confluence-with-jira-issue-macros.png

It's more than saving time on retyping information but also saves a lot of time on the initial status updates. I've explained how to do this in detail in my guide on setting up OKRs in Jira.

Let me know if you find it helpful!

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 8, 2019

Hi Karen,

Welcome to Atlassian Community. It's nice to have you!

I would recommend using the Page Properties Macro in combination with the Page Properties Report Macro in order to display that information on your other templates.

You could also use the Excerpt Macro if you just need to include a specific excerpt on another page.

Let me know if you have any trouble with that.

Regards,

Shannon

KAREN KIRBIS October 8, 2019

Hi Shannon, 

Thank you so much for the response.  I am VERY new (a week) to confluence and even after reviewing the documentation on confluence, am unclear on how to use the items you recommend.  Can you tell me if there are any youtube videos or other training materials that show how to actually code/use the functionality you mention?

Thanks, 

Karen

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 14, 2019

Hi Karen,

I just found a really great YouTube video from UXDiva where she shows how the Page Properties and Page Properties Report Macros can be used together:

Have a look at that and let me know if it helps you! (Skip to :45 seconds when she starts adding the first macro to her page.)

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events