Notify watchers even when unchecked

Users that are watching a page are getting emailed even when notify watchers is unchecked. They are not watching the space.

Any ideas on where to start looking?

3 answers

0 vote
Joe Wai Tye Atlassian Team Sep 10, 2013

Hi Ethan,

Could you elaborate more on what those email notifications are about? This is because it seems that the 'Notify Watchers' checkbox only affects edits on Confluence pages.

However, the following changes will still notify the watchers, as mentioned in Watching Pages, Spaces and Blogs :

• Deletions.
  • Attachments, including new versions or deletions of an existing attachment.
  • Comments, including new comments, edits of existing comments or deletions of existing comments.

I suspect that it was one of these actions that triggered the notifications.

Joe Wai Tye Atlassian Team Sep 11, 2013

Hi Ethan,

Glad to hear that you've managed to isolate the root cause of the issue. Hmm, I'm not really that familiar with the Scaffolding plugin, so I'll leave this in their hands then. Have you raised an issue at their Support site?

Hi Joe,

I've just isolated the issue to pages which use Service Rocket Scaffolding plugin. I will reach out to them for help but figured I'd add the information here in case you have any ideas.

Thanks,

Hi Joe,

I've just isolated the issue to pages which use Service Rocket Scaffolding plugin. I will reach out to them for help but figured I'd add the information here in case you have any ideas.

Thanks,

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jul 10, 2018 in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

1,020 views 23 13
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you