Notify watchers even when unchecked

Ethan Foulkes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2013

Users that are watching a page are getting emailed even when notify watchers is unchecked. They are not watching the space.

Any ideas on where to start looking?

3 answers

0 votes
Ethan Foulkes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2013

Hi Joe,

I've just isolated the issue to pages which use Service Rocket Scaffolding plugin. I will reach out to them for help but figured I'd add the information here in case you have any ideas.

Thanks,

0 votes
Ethan Foulkes
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 11, 2013

Hi Joe,

I've just isolated the issue to pages which use Service Rocket Scaffolding plugin. I will reach out to them for help but figured I'd add the information here in case you have any ideas.

Thanks,

0 votes
Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 10, 2013

Hi Ethan,

Could you elaborate more on what those email notifications are about? This is because it seems that the 'Notify Watchers' checkbox only affects edits on Confluence pages.

However, the following changes will still notify the watchers, as mentioned in Watching Pages, Spaces and Blogs :

• Deletions.
  • Attachments, including new versions or deletions of an existing attachment.
  • Comments, including new comments, edits of existing comments or deletions of existing comments.

I suspect that it was one of these actions that triggered the notifications.

Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 11, 2013

Hi Ethan,

Glad to hear that you've managed to isolate the root cause of the issue. Hmm, I'm not really that familiar with the Scaffolding plugin, so I'll leave this in their hands then. Have you raised an issue at their Support site?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events