Nonprofit community edition

Mike Polselli June 14, 2019

Hello, I've been in touch with Atlassian support a few times now and I'm still not sure if I'm either asking the right questions or getting a clear enough of an answer so I thought I'd try giving the forums a shot.

My organization is a non-profit and I was informed that there is a community edition that is free and self hosted but you lose the integration functionality between the products, is this an accurate claim?

Secondly, if the first question is true, do we have the option to switch/migrate from the community edition to the paid edition if we find that we would benefit from the integration between the products or are we looking at starting everything from scratch?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
JP _AC Bielefeld Leader_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2019

Hi Mike,

if you're a non-profit organisation, you might qualify for a Community License.

You always use the same product as a paying customer, just the license code you receive from Atlassian will display your Jira and/or Confluence installation as a non-profit version.

You will not loose any (integration) features between the products at all & there is no special version Community download.

You can apply for a community license here:

https://www.atlassian.com/software/views/community-license-request

Best regards

JP

JP _AC Bielefeld Leader_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2019

Ah, forgot to tell you:

Switching to a payed version is just a matter of pasting the license code into the license form & you're ready to go...

Best

JP

Like Mobark Abdelrahman likes this
Mike Polselli June 17, 2019

That's perfect. Thank you very much.

0 votes
marceline marango December 15, 2019

we need to help the community with awareness also need to talk to the people in the community to help them to understand who they are dont think down of your selve.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events