No users able to log in to confluence. Admin user can log in, but has lost priveleges

NameMedia July 1, 2012

No users able to log in to confluence. Admin user can log in, but has lost priveleges.

For example, when I try and log in as the admin user, the password is accepted, but when trying to go to the admin login page, I see this:

You do not have permission to access /admin/default.jsp. To access this page, please log in as a user with sufficient permissions.

All of our confluence users are synced out of JIRA Crowd from our JIRA installation. JIRA, Fisheye/Crucible, and Confluence are all on the same server, JIRA, Fisheye, and Crucible still seem to be working.

Jim

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2012

I think the first question is "what did you change". It sounds very much like the connection to Crowd has died, and it's reverted to using the internal database of users, which won't contain your Crowd users (and I suspect Crowd was telling it your Admin user was in the admin group and is not doing that any more)

Check your log files to see what is going on, especially around the last time Confluence started up - there should be something about it connecting to Crowd there. And, obviously, go over your changes to see if anything has been done that could be breaking the connection to Crowd.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events