New users find the behavior of the "close" button in the confluence editor confusing. Can I change it easily?

Tim Penner July 21, 2016

The problem is that you don't know what has happened when the editor closes unless you've done this before. That's bad for a product I'm trying to push on people who are used to every other editor in the world that warns them that they are abandoning changes.

What it should do is give you something like the dialog you get when you edit a page for which have abandoned changes. "You've made changes to this page. What would you like to do? 1) Save your page as a draft that others can't see. (You can return later to continue editing.) 2) Save your changes for others to see. 3) Abandon your changes"

Doesn't this make a little more sense for a product that is intended to be readily adopted by inexperienced users?

2 answers

0 votes
Tim Penner December 1, 2016

I'm glad someone finally agrees with me. It's easy to pick out such problems as needing to be fixed: you have to explain them away with instructions.

One more point: it's hard to imagine an easier fix. All the code to do this is pretty much already there. Just call it.

0 votes
Franziska Braun December 1, 2016

I am also interested in how I can change this, if anyone has any ideas.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events