Need help/examples for customized search box positioning

Michelle Rau good
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2023

My end users have gotten spoiled with a customized search / help links panel that I had positioned in the upper right of the page using CSS. After our latest update to 7.19.1, it is a mess! And I don't know how to fix it, or how to start over. (CSS is not a superpower of mine -- yet.)

Before, It looked like this:

tidy_search_box.png

It is essentially a page with the livesearch macro wrapped inside an Adaptavist DIV macro, with Adaptavist CSS macro to position it in the upper right corner of the page. Simple, right?

This page was included on every page by adding the markup to the footer field like so, {include:Searchbox} .

After the update to 7.19.1, it now looks like this, the search icon is wrapping around underneath:

messed_up_search_box.png

I tried adjusting the CSS positioning (and other CSS tweaks) to no effect. I discovered that viewing the Searchbox page itself, the Livesearch macro displayed fine. It was only when it was included in the footer (or the header) via markup that the wrapping occurred. Atlassian Support could not discover the cause of the issue or how to fix it, or what CSS might be involved.

I'm willing to start from scratch to implement this feature again for my users, and we would all appreciate your recommendations or examples very much. (Yes, we do have "search only this space" in the sidebar, but the upper right search box is a VERY popular feature and I would like to see it displaying correctly again.)

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events