cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My confluence server is not able to connect to our LDAP server

admin admin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2019

When I attempt to test the ldap configuration, the server throws this error;

Test basic connection : FailedXXXXXXX.com:636; nested exception is javax.naming.CommunicationException: XXXXXXXX.com:636 [Root exception is java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused (Connection refused)]

I am unsure where to begin, as the server is no longer verifying users who once were able to authenticate with it, vai remote LDAP, there certainly is an issue, but this error doesn't provide any significant information that I can find anyhow.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jeff Turner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2019

There's not much else Confluence could say: your AD isn't responding on port 636, where presumably it did before. Either AD changed or you've got a network/firewall problem.

Try logging into your server and running 'telnet CorpAD.corp.inbaytech.com 636'. It will presumably fail too. Also try port 389, which might work instead.

admin admin
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 3, 2019

Firewall configuration issue and CA cert in JKS. solved this problem

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events