2_3

2_2

3_4

3_3

3_2

4_4

4_3

4_2

One merged cell - which actually references 2 rows.

I dont mind achieving this by merging cells or creating a hierarchical table.

Any idea which Macro I should use, and how to do it?

Eyal

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2022

Hi @Eyal Zmora ,

If you want to create this table manually (just merge several cells), then you don't need any macros: select your cells and choose to merge them from the menu.

Mon 4-1.png

If you mean that you want to group your data, to create an aggregated pivot table like in Excel, then you'll need additional apps from the Atlassian Marketplace.

For example, we can suggest trying our Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app and its Pivot Table macro.

Eyal Zmora June 6, 2022

Hi @Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_  I am writing python code which generates csv/json files of some format. I'd like to use them as the basis for the Confluence table. So to your question - this is not manual. 

I looked at the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence, and as its name implies it allows filtering of the data and displaying charts of different types.

The Pivot Table macro allows aggregation of the data.

I am still not sure how to merge specific cells, or create a hierarchical table (A table with data which can be collapsed and expanded).

Thanks,

Eyal 

Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2022

Thank you for the clarification - seems that our app is not exactly what you need.

We provide the Table from JSON/Table from CSV macros that can recreate tables in Confluence from json/csv attachments/URLs. These tables can be further filtered/aggregated.

But we don't have the hierarchical tables feature. Hope somebody else will come across this question, read this thread and suggest a solution.

Eyal Zmora June 6, 2022

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events